Donnerstag, 18. Juli 2013

I should totally go to bed!

Good morning everybody

It's quarter to 6 a.m. and I'm getting tired. "Dafuq" you ask? It's simply explained:
As a good student I'm looking for work during my summer vacation. So somehow I came to what I'm doing now, yes I'm actually earning money before you guys are even out of bed!
You might know that I'm a tall guy so one friend called me and asked if I would like to be night guard at a conference, shift: 12pm to 7am. Okay!

That conference is actually the "2013 international Biology Olympiad". As I found out, it's kind of a scientific competition, which is actually a big deal. The other thing is, the exams need to be translated into all languages and this is done during 2 out of 4 nights. So night 1 and 3 were pretty easy as nobody was around (just got really tired at 1st night). Night 2 was horrible, they finished translations at half past 5am.. (poor people) and tonight was not that bad, I think they finished around 3am or so.

What I'm doing here you ask? Nothing! I would actually need to keep an eye on the notebooks here that all delegations received but they're locked anyway so I'm more kind of decoration.

Walking around the arena I found an interesting discovery which is related to that situation:
When I started my studies we had that ice-breaking thing as we had many students from abroad. So the Chinese and Japanese people had to name one stereotype about the Swiss and all said we're accurate, I never found out what that really meant. Until tonight..

Swiss delegation's desk

Japanese delegation's desk

Interesting isn't it? I wonder if somebody did research on that..
(Sry for the bad pictures, I only had my mobile phone camera with me)

Cheers

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen