Freitag, 24. August 2012

How to surf when there is no sea


What up fellas?

Those of you who I call friends know that I'm workin now at an IT-firm the others of you (let's call you groupies) have no idea because I haven't write it yet.

After I succeeded school with a top mark I started to work here and the wanted to keep me during my studies which will start in about 3 weeks - Yes I'm going to study International Management. Anyhow I've been working here for almost 2 months now and it's a good place to work though I don't like working.

What? How comes that I work at an IT-firm though I have no technical experiences? I have no idea! No it's not a try to boast around I think I just convinced my boss at the job interview.

What I am doing here? Please.

Now I thought instead of reading instruction in the internet how to build bombs, I thought let's fresh up my English a little to get back into it before studies. And because I only write nonsense in my blog, I will tell you something about my new summer passion: Wakeboarding.

As you know I did a little surfing, when I was in Australia, I was not that good because I didn't practise often. 2 weeks ago it started to be veery hot in Switzerland so I thought let's catch up something you can do in the water and as I already went once wakeboarding I decided to go again. On my way to that lake on which they had this water-ski-lift I decided to go to Murten which is a city at another lake, because there I knew a wakeboard shop. I don't know why I had chosen to go there (it was like a deep power in my unconsciousness) but I thought "hey it's on our way, why not". So we went to that shop which is called "dirtys" - No it's not a stripclub. I watched the boards and I talked with the shop owner and told him that I was looking for a board, so he showed me his new collection, but the problem was that they were quite expensive. I asked him if it's possible to try one out as I was anyway on my way to go wakeboarding and surprisingly he said "sure". So he gave me that new beautiful 'Ronix Phoenix Project 2012' it has only once been tested by him. Proudly I went to that other lake and felt like a pro. As I wanted to start I fell immediately - so embarrassing! I did another try and I fell again and a third time. Finally I stood at the 4th trial and I got back into it very quickly. I had told the shop owner that I would bring it the other day (sunday) but I thought "hey let's go again before I give it back, I won't have this possibility again. So I went to that lake the second day too and I was much better. I also tried to switch sides and stuff but I always fell when I tried to do more than surfing forward. So I gave it back to him and I was just about to buy it but he wanted too much for it.

The other week I went to Germany to wakeboard and there was that shop with that huge collection of gear and equipment and they had that summer sale which means we got everything with discount. I tested another board but I realized very soon, that the one from last week was better and they had 2 of them too (both in my size). I have chosen the white one and my friend (a wakeboard Pro too) took the same one in green. We took some bindings, a vest and a helmet too and then we were broke. We spent that whole day at the lake and the next day we spent at the lake in Switzerland and everybody watched us, because we looked like professionals. We even became better and better, I don't know if it was the equipment or not. Yesterday I took the afternoon off to go to the lake and I did my first jumps off the ramp and in + out of 3 trials I stood! I tried a Jumpstart from a height of 250 cm and at the second time I stood. I did a big step yesterday and soon I would like to go to a competition - Yeah of course..

I would highly recommend everybody to try it out. Even my girlfriend tried although it was very funny to watch, she had fun!

And if you want to see some pictures which were shot with my new camera (OMG I haven't told you yet!) just visit my facebook profile.

Cheers

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen