Samstag, 10. März 2012

No name comes to my mind for this post but it's as awesome as the others, I swear!

"Good afternoon ladies and gentleman, I'd like to welcome you aboard of the flight FX903 from Zürich nonstop to Barcelona my name is RDee, I'm your captain for this flight (...)"


It's been a while since I've said those words and honestly I'm missing it a little. Whaaat? You did not know that I used to be a pilot? I did but I never bragged with it. 
reveling in memories I was thinking about the best aspects of this job and it's definitely, when the flight attendant comes into the cockpit and brings you coffee. I don't know why, but they always stare at you like you were the only men on earth or so when bringing a cup. Surprisingly I have never met a pilot who didn't like it. I think it's a job requirement to not being into somebody but a pilot.


It's a phenomenon anyway that so many girls would like to become a flight attendant (by the way does anybody of you know why we can't say stewardess anymore? I loved that word.. stewardess, stewardess.. hmm).
Out of my female friends there are 5 wanting to become, are becoming or were flight attendant and 771 (as many as I've got on Facebook) who have considered it, yes including boys..
But did you guys know, that they are way underpaid? I mean they receive nothing for what they do and that's why no girl stays in this job. This is exactly what the big companies are wanting. They want only to employ young attractive women as long as they stay young and attractive, then they stay only for a short time until find out, that they have been deceived and then they resign. Surprisingly there is another girl already waiting. A friend of mine told me ones how many girls attended the information evening.. hundreds!
They attract you with seeing the whole world and the most interesting cities, staying at the best hotels and learn languages so quickly. 


Okay I confess, I used to be a flight attendant and not a pilot and it was me who looked at him like there is no other for me on the ground (or here in air).


Cheers

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen