Dienstag, 23. Oktober 2012

A little step for Felix and a deep fall as well

RD: Urbansurvival is happy to have him with us. He is the Hero of Red Bull with balls of steel. Ladies and Gentleman; Mister Felix Baumgartner! Felix, I'm happy to have you with us.

Felix: Thank you RDee, it's nice to be here

RD: I know..  now Felix, I would say People came far for interviews but you came from space to be with us, did you have traffic on your way here?

F: (laughs) No, traffic was pretty fluent actually

RD: Good to hear you took the right turn at the milky way

F: (laughs) Yeah lucky I had my navi system with me. Connection to the satellites was incredibly good.

RD: (laughs) I see another comedian here. But now let's get serious, Felix you fell almost 36 kilometers which is the highest para-jump ever and you were the one who reached the highest falling speed and now my readers want to know.. Why the hell would somebody do such a thing?

F: Well this is the reason, somebody has to do it.

RD: Yeah but couldn't you just jump from.. I don't know 10 kilometres?

F: To be honest, my highest jump before was from a height of 8 kilometres, regular planes just don't fly higher. When I read about Joseph Kittinger who broke the record in 1960 with a height of 30 kilometres I knew that I have to beat him and I'm very lucky we had him later in our team.

RD: So why did you choose to jump from 36 km instead of 31?

F: (laughs) Everybody asks me that. Well it's a matter of fact that I do every jump only once, so I said hey what if 2 years later somebody else comes and jumps from 32 km? I won't be able to beat it, so I decided to go for 36 km.

RD: yeah I heard about that "1 jump only thing" could you explain why you do that?

F: For me it gets boring if I would already know the difficulties of a jump and even more, a 2nd jump could go wrong, so why should I risk my life for the same thing I've done before.

RD: Impressing, I watched the whole jump live, as you would fly to the mars or so. Before you jumped there was this moment you were looking down. What did you think?

F: This was an unbelievable view, I wished everybody coud see what I've seen and before I jumped I prayed.

RD: Of course you prayed, you'll never come that close to the big boss.

F: (laughs) yeah right!

RD: Felix you jumped from some of the most popular buildings on earth, which was your favourite?

F: All of them were in their own way unique and special but if I had to choose, I would say the jump from the Jesus statue in Brazil is my fav. because it's been lowest height I have ever jumped from and to get up there up was really difficult.

RD: But after your jump from space, is there still something to achieve?

F: There always is. Jumping from space is actually pretty easy, I mean you just jump and try to stay stable til you open you parachute but if you jump from a building, you have to pull the parachute immediately and you have to consider that you could smack against the wall.

RD: So you already have concrete plans for future?

F: (laughs) I'm sorry I can't speak about it due legal reasons.

RD: looking forward to it. Felix, you are one of Red Bull's most important marketing ambassadors, do you even like Red Bull?

F: (laughs) (still laughing) (laughing tears) To be honest, I did but after decades of sponsoring I got rid of the taste.

RD: And finally my last question Felix, did you see the ball that Ramos kicked to space?

F: (laughs his ass out, getting stomach ache because he laughs so bad, hope he's well insuranced) It allmost hit me.

RD: Thank you Felix, it's been nice having you here.

F: It was nice to be here and I always wanted to say it: cheers!

RD: ... my part you jerk

Cheers


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen