Dienstag, 7. Dezember 2010

Endless voyage

All right. I’m now at the Gold Coast, but it was such a complicated way to come down under.

You remember when I left? I left about 3 p.m. with my dad and his friend. Roads were good, we arrived at about 5 p.m. at the airport.
I checked in and we went to Zürich to eat. After we met some friends of my dad to talk about business stuff… Boarding was about 9 o’clock and flight was at 9:45 so we left at 8. When we went to the Highway we came in traffic! I thought I’m going to miss the flight.
My dad brought me down, his super car told him it’s not a long traffic. So we came on time at the airport. Michèle was already nervous that I wasn’t still there. By the way you still don’t know Michèle. After I booked my trip to surfers I met her. Her friend and my friend are together in class. This is so weird, after talking about small talk stuff. She told me she’s going to Surfers too at exactly the same time as I. She even booked the same course, but she’s going to stay 3 more Months and she lives in another house. After this I booked the same flight like her we did the seat reservation together.

So Michèle was really nervous… maybe because I told her I’m still in traffic and actually I was at airport. We met after passing border. She was sad, she came with 3 friends and they won’t see for a while, so it’s understandable. Later we went to the plane to Dubai and it was already clear that we were not the only ones who are going to Australia for a language trip. Our Seats were on the right side of the plane, I felt claustrophobic when I saw the seats. I mean, hello? I’m a tall guy I will never fit in it. After trying a half of an hour and with the strength of 3 Stewardesses I was finally sitting. Michèle was sitting at the window place, I was in the middle and next to me was another girl with destination Brisbane too. We had a screen on the seat, Michèle knew which movies are going to be shown. She actually knew everything. She knew the weather in every destination, knew what is going to be served even knew which planes we’re going to travel with and their length! We all were very tired but it was impossible for me to sleep.

After arriving in Dubai we went through all security zones and finally to the flight. Dubai was so impressive, every 100 meter you had prayer rooms and they had a biotope in the airport! We were so tiered couldn’t wait to sit in the plane and sleep. Michèle and me were in a row of 2, Andrea was 2 Rows behind us. Plane was so freeze don’t know what they did. After Flying 3 hours the pilot said we had to turn back to Dubai because of an engine problem… whaat? Are you kidding me? So we went to Dubai AGAIN and went through the security zone AGAIN. We didn’t even eat, so Emirates invited us for a meal in a restaurant. In fact when we were sitting to eat, boarding started, we didn’t care. After eating slowly we went to the gate and in plane, now I slept but not long enough.
So finally we arrived in Brisbane, I was expecting Kangaroos who are waiting for incoming tourists to give a chain of flower. But there wasn’t.
I was so confused when I went in the car to get home and cars were driving on the left side, even the drivers place was on the opposite site! We drove about an hour but there wasn’t any Kangaroo! What the hell?

Cheers

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen