Donnerstag, 13. Januar 2011

The Big Bang Theory

I think most of you know the serial: "The Big Bang Theory".
Today I felt like one of these Nerds (Sheldon & Lenard).


My homework for today was to prepare a presentation about a future aspect.
So we went in pairs. My mate choose the subject: "new discoveries". This is not too bad I thought..


But this guy knew already what he will talk about, he wanted to talk about how to fold the universe to make teleportation possible. Is it necessary to say that this guy is an mekatronik engineer? (whatever this contains)


So because I'm Swiss, he thought I should explain the CERN Collider (If you don't know what it is, you better have listened to my presentation).
And he wanted me to explain the universe.. (do I look like somebody he knows this) and he wanted to explain the 4 dimensions and how to fold the entire universe..


Anyway I did a lot, a lot of research and then I explained the CERN and how they impact Protons together, how they search the Higgs-particle and what it means when we find it and then I explained the theory of relativity of Alexander Friedmann who proved that the universe is expanding and it not a space in form of a box or of a ball. He said the universe is a flat like a sheet.


So when Rob asked me what a particle is I was like.. omg.. omg .. omg. Lucky me I had somebody with me who could explain.
But Rob wanted to trap me as he asked me about the costs and who is a member of this conceal. These stuff I knew and I think he was kind of impressed even tough most of Swiss know this because it's always in our local newspaper.


The conditions of the presentation were to speak for 5 minutes but how could you explain quantum physics in 5 minutes?! So we were speaking for 34 minutes.. and then we discussed every point again in class, that was such a nice day. All day long talking about stuff nobody has an idea of .


I wish we could do this more often =)


Cheers

1 Kommentar:

  1. kind of ;) but I will definitely do more research in black holes ;)

    AntwortenLöschen