Freitag, 11. Februar 2011

The 5 Tibetan Monks and the coffee shop

Have you ever had a deja-vu? 
I'm sure you have seen something, what you think you have seen before.
A deja-vu means "already-seen" in french.

But how do we call it when you see something, what you never would expect?
let's call it a jamais-vu which means "never-seen".

Here is a variation of jamais-vu's: 
- a mascot of a team of the other side of the country strolling around in your town.
- a persian girl riding on a tiger through the streets.
- a japanese in a spacesuit eating pancakes
- loads of girls in golden shining bikinis and cowboy hats advertising against breast cancer

I know these are weird examples, except the last one, this you can see everyday in Surfers.

Let me tell you my jamais-vu.
I was on my way to school no I'm not an example of a student I just went to borrow some DVD of the schools library. Anyway as usual I passed "Pancakes in Paradise" where they sell all you can eat pancakes for $9.95 and I still haven't been.
Just after that there is a coffee shop. Not one of these franchise of Starbucks or Gloria Jean's it's just a fine coffee shop where they sell next to coffee, fine home made food. Ironically they have a sign over the register  on which it's written "Proud retailer of Gloria Jean's Coffee"
I've just been once there after I've seen the prices I've never been there anymore..

So as I passed this shop I took a glimpse in the window to check my new hair cut and there they were..
5 Tibetan Monks sitting on the table, laughing and watching a phone while one of them is showing the others something on it.
Please just imagine this picture. I mean you all probably know how a monk from Tibet looks like. A shaved head, brown tan (obviously 'cause they live in the country with the highest altitude), wearing glasses and red copes.

This is so random!
I found myself staring on them in front of the door.
I never met a Tibetan Monk before.. what the hell were they doing here?
This picture was so surprising for me, because one day before we talked about the Dalai Lama in class and that you can feel his presence from a distance of 3 kilometers. 
I felt so.. different, I don't know how to explain!
maybe one of them was the Dalai Lama on his way to enlighten the daunt Australians.

How ever, I felt to write this down and to inform you that I'm planing a spiritual trip this year or next.

seriously!

If you want to join me, just let me know.
We will see (of course):
Tibet, Nepal, the Himalaya, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, India, China, North and South Korea (first north then south, just to provoke them), Japan and Transylvania (Oh come on, like, you're not curious to see if the guy from Twilight really exists)

I think it's a very good way to find out about yourself. So please send applications to my mail box containing your CV with references, a motivation letter and a list of all your skills that could be useful on the trip.
OR
If you have the pleasure to have the other sex, just send a picture of you as usual (by the way thx Anna for the picture in the rashie, you'll definitely get a surfers license).

Cheers

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen