Sonntag, 6. Februar 2011

2nd Script

speechless |ˈspē ch lis|
adjective
unable to speakesp. as the temporary result of shock or some strong emotion he was speechless with rage.
(Referring to the previous posting: Opera & Oprah)
Dear jealousTo prevent speechlessness in TV drink a shot of virgin olive oil before getting on the stage.I did it and this is so weird. Actually it was a joke which I took to serious fortunately nobody had seen how I was trying to swallow the rest of it which I couldn't take off my throat. Although the whole crew laughed on me, it worked.
I can say this it was amazing. When I landed in Sydney airport a driver was waiting for me, he was carrying this movie-like sign with my name and "Urban Survival" as the name of the organization, that was probably the best part over there.His name was Marc, so he took me to the hotel in his roofless Jeep, I didn't bring my sunglasses but he seemed prepared and gave me one.So I checked inn in the Watermark Hotel a boy carried my luggage upstairs. The room was pretty cool, there was a fruits basket laying on the table with a message:
Dear ArdiI hope you had a good flight and you'll enjoy your stay. Please meet me at 3.00 pm in the lobby for a short briefing and the schedule.yours faithfully 
Rebecca GallagherAssistant Director
I took a glimpse on my watch.. f**k.. quarter past. So I went downstairs, without having a shower or changing. There she was. Becca was pretty cool but so busy she had this little bluetooth headset in her ear (and I've never seen her without) and a palm in her hands.she gave me a lot of paper about my schedule full of, briefings (there were even briefings for briefings, hello?), make-up appointments (like make up could cover this!) meetings with different people, meals etc. they thought about everything except the fact that I need to go to the restroom from time to time..
So I went upstairs to have a shower and stuff then I thought lets have a look in my blog..that was the point I became speechless. 463 visits in the last 4 hours. Thats new record! I contemplated about that, I mean when this whole circus is going to be shown my number of visitors will increase dramatically. Am I ready for this? What If disappoint people? I thought f**k off, Oprah laughed because of me why not the rest of the world!
Then I had these meetings where they asked me thousand of questions about my life like: - Did you feel lonely when you started the blog? Noo!- Are you sure?..noo =(- Is you blog a late effect of the divorce of your parents trying to reach attention?wtf?- Have you ever been attracted by men while your service in army?hahahahahah.. where do you know that from?
And stuff like this. In the end they knew more about me than I do.Than they explained me everything about the process and I met Joe the director of the show.Joe was the coolest guy ever and my biggest fan although he told I got so many mistakes.. so what? I'm not a native, they even asked me If I want to have it orthographically corrected.. I refused it for the reason, that nobody than me touches my blog!some hours before the show I noticed that everyone had a printed version of my blog and they called it "the second script". Becca's script had thousand of post-its in it with notes about the questions I had to answer before. Then I met her.. (wait we need a new passage for that..)
Then I met her.. Oprah Winfrey!She came over to me with a big smile in her face and just said: "You most be the awesomeness Ardi!" Omg so embarrassing of course she read my blog and knows about my arrogance.. But now it was tim to act smooth!I replied: "yes!" in such a cool way that it's hard to explain.We talked a little about her favorite postings. She liked "Revolution" the most!And then we talked about my 3rd posting "Against iPhone" Omg she said, she doesn't like iJustine neither. She said she's annoying and just talks about stuff nobody cares or nobody should care! I love Oprah! She took my nervousness from me.
The show, as I already said, I took this shot of olive oil.. ha ha ha so funny Tim.. (idiot!)The studio was full but I couldn't see anybody because of all the lights showing on the stage, I just hear people applauding.She asked me about Urban Survival, how difficult it must be to write in another language, about me, army (but she didn't mention the stuff about the attraction), future plans, How much I miss home, what do I like and what not in Australia, etc.They showed different passages of my blog on a wide screen in combination with Oprah's comments, that was funny, I laughed because of my own jokes.Was very funny, In the beginning I was really concerned about If my english is good enough to withstand Oprah's questions, but she spoke very clear and slow.
Was amazing, I can't wait to see it on TV, they gave me a tape of the whole show and said they're gonna inform me by mail when the show is going to be released for TV.
In the evening I had dinner with Oprah, Joe, William (owner of the channel) and Jennifer (Williams daughter).Was a very nice evening. Oprah knows so many stories to talk about, she told us about her favorites. She said that todays show was pretty funny 'cause normally the shows get very emotional or sensitive.
Now I'm back in Surfers Paradise. This weekend was amazing I'll never forget that, Thanks Oprah and the whole channel 9 team for this unbelievable experience!
Cheers

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen