Freitag, 11. Februar 2011

Structure & Exception

So far so good, today it's friday which means I'm gonna graduate next week.
I'm thinking a lot what to say in my speech and yes I have to do one, because everyone expects it from me.

Of course it has to be a funny one, because Urban Survival gained some popularity last days (I guess every class is reading it to show how not to do it).
To be honest, I don't like the graduations speeches.

It's always the same as you can see in the structure I made which is the result of years of research in this subject.

- Thanks (usual for the microphone)
- ... (at this point there is a little break of nervousness)
- Thank you (for the kind words of the teacher)
- I would like to say Thanks to.. (and then they list all the teachers they ever had).. you were awesome.
- I also want to say Thanks to all the staff, the students especially.. (Brazilians, Swiss and Japanese.. the order of nationalities change depending on the person)
- I will miss you guys
- I will miss the (Surf club, Ladies Night  and Brazilian parties.. the order of the parties change depending on the person)
- I'm sure we will see us soon
- Thx!

Imagine hearing this every single Friday from almost all the graduating students..
..

Of course there are some differences but more or less, they're all the same.

But

There was once a speech, which really impressed me.
It was a whole course which ended that day and the students prepared a speech.
At the end there was one guy named Hugo (he's in my class now, great guy!)
I actually can't remember everything but I'll try my best.

"Today is a special day! Not only that we finished the course and all of us passed, but also for me and my wife (I was so surprised to hear that this guy is married, he looked as young as me)..
Baby please come to me..
It was exactly today 4 years ago that you said yes to marry me and I just want to say that I still love you more than anything else and I'm so happy to have you on my side..
I love you!"

and then they kissed!

Even I as a tough guy say that this is so cute!
This guy is awesome, you need to have the courage to say something like this in front of the whole school. He is my hero!

I could never say something like this but he is a great example how you should do it!

I'll think a lot about what to say and I'm looking forward to let you guys know what I said.

Cheers

3 Kommentare:

  1. Dieser Kommentar wurde vom Autor entfernt.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. I would like to say thanks to Ardi...AGAIN!!! NOOOOOOOO!!!
    Funny as you are I'm sure that you will do something unique.
    See you on the "Stand by me - luau" ;)
    Cheers,
    Hugo.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. I love you man :D
    Yes your wife should be jealous now :D

    AntwortenLöschen