Mittwoch, 16. Februar 2011

The Experiment

Today I would like to introduce a special experiment.


Some of you might know that I was in army but what did I do in those 3 months between army and Australia?


In the 1st month I slept.. and slept.. and went to toilet.. and slept.. and ate.. and slept.. etc.
Then I got bored so I thought to work somewhere to have more money for my trip.
I found 3 jobs and took all of them.


They were just temporary and one of them was as a sales agent.
Yes I was this asshole who calls you home while you're eating or something like that and sells you crab. What I had to sell, were security plaques.


What the fuck is a security plaque? That was my question too.
It's a little piece of metal which you fix on your key ring So imagine you lose this key ring, somebody finds it and reads the plaque on which it's written "Please drop me in the next  Post box" in german, french and english. Apparently your chance to get a lost key back is 95% (of course...) you pay 99$ for a validity of 10 years and because it's a 20 years special you get a 2nd plaque for free (this offer lasts since 2003). The service guarantees 48 hours until you receive you key ring back, from anywhere in Switzerland. What's really impressive, is that this whole system is world wide available, so it's a kind of international service.


Sounds pretty good in the beginning I was a really good seller.. until.. I found out, that I'm selling crap. People told me they got swindled, they have never got back their key rings, and more.


This whole idea is not a bad one, but I would never pay for it, because this service you get from your bank or insurance for free.


Anyway I don't think that this works from everywhere of the world because, be objective, it costs to send something into another country and normally the post wants money for it before you send it and do you think the company would pay for it? I don't think so!
So that's why I started this experiment to see if it works.
Okay I'm honest I bet with my friend, I say it doesn't work he says it does.


So dear ID-Find, which is the name of the company, we would like to see if you speak the truth. For further information you can see their website www.id-find.com.


My friend gave me his plaque which I put on an old car key of mine.
4 days ago I threw the key ring into a usual box of the Australia post and the best part, I made a video of how I did it, to prove it. Unfortunately I can't upload it, but I will as soon as I can. Of course they will need more than 24 hours so we give them some weeks. 


Oh and I just wanted to say, working for you guys was a shame and no I won't come back to you, because ,like I already told you, I'm sure I could run this better than you guys.


Cheers

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen