Donnerstag, 10. Februar 2011

Havaianas

Time passes very fast at Gold Coast
I remember like it was yesterday arriving at Brisbane airport. Despite notorious rain, it was very warm for a boy from a cold country wearing a t-shirt, a sweatshirt a sweater, a coat, jeans, shoes and SOCKS! Just being a snobby Swiss.


Now, after 2 months, I feel like home. I'm so used to it wearing slippers. Go out topless and just lie on the beach, not like tourist do lie with a half a bottle of sun blocker on their skin, expensive sunglasses, wide towels and eskies with plenty of food.
No, just lying in the sand with nothing else than your book.


This is lifestyle has even his own expression, it's called the Havaianas style.
The word havaianas is actually a Brazilian brand which distributes slippers all over the world. Everybody in Australia has havaianas, except me indeed. I have billabongs.


What would a Havaianas style be without a luau?
That's why we did one last monday. A luau is just people meeting on the beach, having fun together, joking around and singing "to the sound of a guitar yeah yeah.." .. sorry that reminds me always on Maria Maria.


People from all over the world singing together


I will really miss this kind of lifestyle I'll try my best to keep it and spread it in europe.. which would probably be kind of difficult..


anyway I'm not trying to be sensitive or something like this.. okay I am, but do not tell anybody..!


..Okay this is getting kind of Broke-Back-Mountain-like so what I basically want to say is, I'll miss those luaus..


..thank you for your attention..


Oh, and I hate sheep.. (yes, it's not "sheeps") 
..they're so fluffy


-.-


Cheers

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen